Fw: [xj] Upcoming NorCal British Car Show and Swap Meet-June

To: "Triumph 6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: [xj] Upcoming NorCal British Car Show and Swap Meet-June
From: "Ken Davis" <ken.davis@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 16:37:22 -0700
A friend in the Jag lovers list sent me this.  I thought I'd pass it
on to the 6-er's out in Northern California..  I'll be there FWIW..

Ken
73 TR6
87 XJ6
79 Vespa Grande

15th

: Hello all-
:
:   This Andrew Weinberg from San Jose, California. I'm
: and XJ-S, XJ6, and XKE owner, and a current and former
: subscriber to some of your forums. I wanted to let all
: of the Jag nuts in the Northern California area know
: of an upcoming British car event that isn't normally
: that well publicized. I'm not in any way connected
: with the event- I just think it's great event.
:
:   On Sunday, June 15, the 13th Annual Hayward
: (California) Field Meet will take place at the Cal
: State University Campus in Hayward. This a car show
: and swap meet for all British cars, and there usually
: is a pretty good turnout. It's sponsored by the Mini
: Owners of America (San Francisco Chapter), so the
: predominant presence is Minis and their variants.
: However, there are plenty of other British cars there
: too (MG's, Triumphs, Jensens, Rovers, you name it), as
: well as a growing presence of Jags (Mk I/II, XJ's,
: XKE, etc.,.) over the years. The event starts at
: 8:00am, with judging of cars in the show at 11:00am.
: The swap meet runs as long as there are people there
: to haggle......
:
: Besides good cars to see, what's neat for us Jag
: people is that there are always a few folks selling
: used, new, and NOS Jag parts, but few Jag buyers, so
: some good deals are there to be had. (I bought a very
: nice 95 XJS factory rear wing for $20 last year!!!!).
:
:   The event isn't only for show cars- anyone can park
: on the green and display a car after registering and
: paying the fee ($15 in advance, $20 the day of), or
: just park in the upper lot for free, and check out the
: cars and parts. Selling in the swap meet is $15
: advance, $20 day of show.  And of course it's all free
: for spectators.
:
: So if you have nothing exciting planned for that
: morning, come on by. If anyone wants to register
: ahead, to either show or sell, contact Jon Becker at
: 925-689-4005.
:
:   Again, I'm not connected with the event, but have
: been going for the last several years and having a
: great time.
:
: Thanks to all and hopefully see you there.
:
: Andrew
:
: =====
:
:
: __________________________________
: Do you Yahoo!?
: The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.
: http://search.yahoo.com
:
: ===================================================
: The archives and FAQ will answer many queries on the XJ series...
: FAQs:  http://www.jag-lovers.org/xjlovers/xjfaq/index.html
: Archives:  http://www.jag-lovers.org/lists/search.html
:
: To remove yourself from this list, go to
http://www.jag-lovers.org/cgi-bin/majordomo.
:
: // please trim quoted text to context only
:
: