Re: Now what?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Now what?
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 22:30:43 -0400
Hi Nathaniel,

You might try Integral Cams. http://www.integralcams.com/tr-250_tr-6.htm
My engine is still being rebuilt, so I can't say how will run, but I
don't expect problems. Integral Cams supplies the Kent Prather racing
team with cams and Kent Prather speaks highly of Integral Cams.

They are not regrinds -- from chilled cast Iron Billets.

I drove everyone on the list a little nuts in my search for a street
cam. I got Integram Cams Stage II 274 duration, .425 valve lift which is
about tops for the standard dual coil TR6 valve springs. You can get
lots more valve lift, but you need stiffer springs and that means more
cam wear. The stage II is good for 6000 rpm. This is ground for standard
rockers, but Integral will also grind it for higher lift roller rockers.
The guy building my engine races TR6's, and gets .475 valve lift, but
rebuilds every year. He also said not to go over .425 valve lift and
stay with standard dual coil TR6 valve springs for a street engine.

I know others on the list run street engines with more lift and stronger
springs -- lots of opinions I guess. Several of the experts on the list
told me to stay close the 270 duration and .425 lift so I did.

You might also try Richard Good and Ted Schumacher TSI Imports. You can
get tubular push rods from TSI imports, and cut them to the correct
length. Ted will also cut them for you.

Don Malling