RE: Now what?

To: "Nathaniel Steiner" <nathaniel_steiner@hotmail.com>,
Subject: RE: Now what?
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 08:21:04 -0700
        Nathan:

        If you replace the lifters, you MUST replace the cam. If you
fail to do so, your cam won't make it 2,000 miles before you lose a lobe.
        Any reputable cam grinder will at least offer the option to
have the regrind nitrided or otherwise hardened, so to be safe have
the cam hardened.
        Shorter pushrods are available from Rimmer Bros, I believe.
I understand that you can have your existing pushrods shortened, but
I do not know the tradeoffs involved.
        The S2 might be a bit stout for a daily driver. David Vizard says
the limit for a street cam is 270 degrees advertised duration. If you
want to go to a stronger cam, try the TR5 cam (269 duration) which is
within his recommended limits. There are several cams that fill
the bill. Go here: http://triumph.hottr6.com/tr6cams.html

        Cheers,

        Vance

The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is
by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We
cause accidents. - Nathaniel Borenstein