Misc. questions

To: "TR6 list" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Misc. questions
From: "Gary Fluke" <res0s0t7@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 20:02:03 -0700
Listers,

I run 205-70/15 Michelin X-One tires on my 6.  Does anyone have tire pressure
recommendations?  The owner's manual says to run the original 185SR-15 tires
at 20psi at the front and 24psi at the rear.  I have been running the X-Ones
at 26-27psi all around and it feels as if they could be run higher for a
little crisper feel when cornering.  I must say, the car seems to corner
plenty fast with these tires as is.  The ride doesn't feel harsh at 26psi, the
wear is even after about 6,000 miles.  The suspension is completely stock, as
far as I know.

I bought a new throttle linkage bell crank because the original was so sloppy,
as if the pivot hole was worn.  When beginning to open the throttle the bell
crank turns sideways a bit before anything else happens.  It turns out that
the new one is just the same and there is, as a result, still slop in the take
up of the linkage.  The shoulder bolt that the bell crank pivots on doesn't
look worn.  The owner's manual says, "To insure complete throttle closure a
degree of 'lost motion' or slackness is incorporated into the linkage; no
attempt must be made to adjust this out."  Has anyone noticed this with their
6?

My 6, being a '73, has seat belt receptacles with orange pushbuttons for
releasing the belt.  One of the pushbuttons popped out of it's receptacle and
it looks as though a couple of plastic retainer pieces have broken from it.
Does anyone know where to get new pushbuttons?

Gary
'73