Re: Misc. questions

To: "Gary Fluke" <res0s0t7@verizon.net>,
Subject: Re: Misc. questions
From: "Ken Davis" <ken.davis@attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 20:32:10 -0700
Gary,

I'm running Pirelli P400 205/70TR15's on my 73, and I've been
playing around with tire pressures ranging from the 20F/24R thru 32
F&R.  at 30F&R the ride is solid, wouldn't say harsh, but certainly
solid, and I've settled on 26/26 for round town, and 28/28 for
extended freeway cruising (200 or more miles one way).  I have the
shock conversion on the rear, this tighter setup, coupled with
higher tire pressures, almost makes me want to put a 100lb bag of
sand in the trunk!, hence the preference for the 26 or 28 figure.
I've driven the same winding road nearby with pressures from 20/24
thru 32/32 and except for harshness, have found no real handling
difference.

Mine's an almost daily driver; often up to 150 mile r/t, so handling
and comfort tend to be of interest

HTH

Ken

73 '6