Accellerator shaft Bushings

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Accellerator shaft Bushings
From: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 05:08:18 -0700 (PDT)
I put the old style plastic accellerator shaft bushings on my car when I did my
frame off  several years ago (a real PITA).  Within a couple of years they had
"perished"  leading me to believe that the original design is at fault.  I went
to the Buckeye Triumphs site (thanks a lot guys) at
http://www.buckeyetriumphs.org/technical/AccBearing/AccBearing.htm and ordered
the bushings listed there.  They were easier to install than the plastic ones
and all I had to do was drill out the center hole slightly to accommodate the
accellerator shaft.  I was going to install the suggested clip but was in a
hurry so just pressed the bushings into the holes.  They are still working like
a champ after over 2 years.  In my view this is the way to go.  No more slop in
the accellerator pedal, especially with a bearing in the bell crank.

Mike Lunsford, 1970 TR 6