RE: Distributor

To: "Mark Bullard" <mbullard@hawaii.rr.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Distributor
From: "Stephen Hanselman" <tr6@kc4sw.com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 07:57:40 -0700
Mark,

Depending on your definition of play, that might not be the problem.  With
everything disconnected (advance/retard stuff) there should be at least 15
degrees of rotational play.  On my '72 the timing is -10 deg static, and +4
deg dynamic. that's a 14 degree swing and what the, in my case, retard only
servo is doing.  Now if the play is vertical with respect to the point
mounting plate that could be a problem.  On the other hand the mounting
plate does just float free on the support plate below it.

I'm leaning towards what some of the other folks have said for my missing
problems.  I'm going to look at re-bushing the distributor.  I was concerned
about working on the on and only but yesterday I went to Triumphs Only and
found they have a pile of used parts.

Sorry for the rambling, hope it helps

Steve