Re: Accelerator shaft bushings

To: <ngwehmeyer@attbi.com>, "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Accelerator shaft bushings
From: "Lumia, John" <jlumia@ball.com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 08:38:06 -0600
Neil, recently I mounted each bushing on wooden stick and heated the bushings
using a hair dryer for about a minute and that softened them up nicely.  Then
I used a BA screwdriver to push em in.  Seems to work ok, you just need to
move fairly quickly.  As in using any of the wifes things on our cars, just
dont let her catch you doing this!

John - 1976 TR6

Neil wrote:>
So I got these neat new accelerator shaft bushings in the mail today from
TRF.  Has anyone ever figured out how to fit these things into the holes
they belong in? I tried heating them in boiling water, but no luck.