a trunk full of water

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: a trunk full of water
From: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 22:13:56 EDT
Thursday I drove down to Greensboro NC to have my wires trued...Hendrix Wire
Wheel, great folks BTW.  I drove about 100 miles through some pretty
significant rain.    When I got home I found my carpets soaking wet from the
fire wall
to the shelf behind the seats.  After drying out, I decided that it must have
come in from under the transmission cover, because their are no holes
anywhere, and the water was evenly distributed on both sides.   I thought I did
decent job of sealing up the cover, but I can't imagine where so much water
could
have come from, except something major like the tranny cover.  Today I popped
open the trunk to get something and I found water completely covering the
spare tire...COMPLETELY... I bailed out 6 Gallons.  Where in heavens name is
all
this water coming from?  I replaced all the grommets and seals this winter,
and the car has no holes that I can find. It seems to be coming from the
passenger side at the front of the trunk.  Could it be coming from around the
gas
filler?  Any ideas?
All wet
Joe Davis