RE: PDWA Oil switch

To: "Cliff Davies" <cdavies@holzher.com>,
Subject: RE: PDWA Oil switch
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 08:17:19 -0700
        Cliff:

        I suspect that your oil pressure switch is mis-wired. The
correct operation is that the brake light is on brightly, and
the oil pressure is on dimly with the ignition switch in the
"run" position, but with the engine not running.
        When the engine is running, oil pressure will cause these
lights to turn off if everything is fine.
        There are three terminals on the oil pressure switch,
and three wires going to it. It is possible to get the wires
swapped around and have the lights stay on even if the ignition
switch is off because there is a lead on the oil pressure switch
that is live.

        Vance