The sweet sound of driving

To: apackard68@comcast.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: The sweet sound of driving
From: "TR6 Triumph" <tr6_1969@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 01:22:07 +0000
Hi Andy (and the list),

Don't feel left out: nor do I have a radio.  I was just about to chime in
too.  But having no radio is completely intentional. I don't even have that
padded aluminum transmission cover/radio holder thingie in my car.

Call me terminally in love with my TR6 but 99% of the time I find that any
audible sound other than my engine removes (to some degree) the smile from
my face while I drive.  My motor sounds great too!  The other 1% of the time
I speed blissfully and uncontrollably.  I already have a heavy foot.
Plutonium-foot, maybe you could call me.  Thus sans radio.  I also prefer
the look of my interior, being able to see the entire transmission tunnel.

I'd love to see you all at the TRF party but it will have to wait until
another year: every day I "play" is another day until I see my incarnate
love; she awaits my return back home.  We live in Madrid and I return to the
USA regularly to visit family and friends and to make some extra money.

Enjoy all!

Sincerely and vicariously,
Dave Herbert
1969 TR6 and nothing else