Stumble, Backfire, Quit - Solved

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Stumble, Backfire, Quit - Solved
From: ShewFamily@aol.com
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 17:33:45 -0400
List,
Thanks to the many people who responded to my e-mail.  I wanted to update you
on what I found.

I had replaced the coil and was getting fire from the coil wire.  I removed the
spark plug wire from #1 and I was getting fire as well.  I used starting fluid
to see if I had a fuel delivery problem, but still no luck.

So, I have a spark at the plugs and it still won't start with starting fluid.
I received several messages about the rotor button so I decided that before I
went any further I would replace the new cap and button with the old ones I had
removed.  I tried the rotor button first and she fired right up.  A close
inspection of the new rotor button did not reveal any defects. It also worked
when I had first installed it.

As always, I enjoy and appreciate the help we provide each other.
John Shewmake
'74 TR6
Chattanooga, TN