Re: Fuel Filter location?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel Filter location?
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 15:15:56 -0700 (PDT)
You definitely want a filter between the tank and the pump, to protect
the pump from sucking in any rust or other sediment from the fuel tank,
which can damage the pump.  I've heard that it is also a good idea to
put a filter between the pump and the carbs, so that if the pump falls
apart, you don't suck those parts into your carbs and engine.  Between
tank and pump is critical, between pump and carbs is a bit of extra
insurance.

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6