Head bolts

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Head bolts
From: "Ken Owens" <kenowens@mchsi.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 07:22:24 -0400
I am finally nearing the end of my engine rebuild. Happy Day!  I notice that
of the 14 head bolts on my TR6, 2 of them are longer than the others.  I have
placed them in their proper locations (per repair manual) but it appears to me
that they serve no apparent reason for being longer.  Am I missing something?
Does anything else fasten to these  or the other head bolts?

Also, it appears that I only have ONE "extra" part left over.  It appears to
be a lifting eye of some sort.  It is not one of the 2 lifting eyes that
attach to the block with two bolts each.  This piece of metal has one eye
about one inch in diameter, is about 3 inches long, has one bolt hole for
attachment and at the very end near the bolt hole the metal is bent at an
angle that may clip around something to hold it in place.  Anyone care to
speculate what my "extra" part might be?

Ken Owens
71 TR6
Columbus, GA