RE: Rough idle hints needed REDUX

To: "Mitchel Seff" <ms6453@optonline.net>
Subject: RE: Rough idle hints needed REDUX
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 08:06:51 -0700
        Mitch:

        I have not checked the vacuum.
        Based on your comments, I will be picking up a vacuum gauge
today on my lunch hour. I believe the cam is stock, but who knows
what the previous owner did?
        The car does not run well in other regards. It is drivable
as long as the choke is on, but it will backfire when pulling away
from a stop, in some cases causing the car to buck badly. Timing
is the usual culprit, but I have checked the timing several times.
I have a new rotor, points, plugs and wires, and have reset the
valve lash. I have checked extensively for vacuum leaks using
propane, etc, etc, etc.
        It decelerates fine, and seems to rev adequately.

        Arrrgh! I am determined to root out the problem.

        Thanks for the suggestion. I will check vacuum tonight.

        Vance