Re: tr250 hazard switch?

To: "TR6 list" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: tr250 hazard switch?
From: Skip Montanaro <skip@pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 21:10:46 -0500
    Gary> Gee whiz, a hundred and thirty bucks?  I would use a DPDT switch.
    Gary> If you need assistance with the connections, let me know.

That's what I thought when I saw the price, though I'm not sure the
euphemism that raced through my brain between my eyeballs and my mouth was
"gee whiz". ;-)

Thanks to all for the helpful replies.  A trip to the hardware store after
work today netted me a toggle switch with reasonable on-off-on
characteristics [*].  I suspect it will probably last for the next 35 years
or so.  It looks lovely poking itself out of the hole in the dash, all
wrapped in red electrical tape.

Just don't call me a DPO.  A DO maybe... ;-)

Skip

[*] Somewhat off-topic, but I am curious...  The switch has six terminals.
Four of them operate in one "on" state or the other.  I could never find a
configuration of switch position and multimeter leads which used the other
two terminals.  Ground posts, perhaps?