tr250 hazard switch?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: tr250 hazard switch?
From: Skip Montanaro <skip@pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 21:39:37 -0500
The hazard switch for my tr250 is in pieces.  One of my sons messed with it
awhile ago and it "exploded".  I think I've lost a piece.  I have the black
rocker, the "box", a little copper "dumbbell", a small spring and the little
plastic goody which sits between the spring and the dumbbell.  If I put it
all together, moving the rocker causes the dumbbell to move up and down,
making contact, but it clearly doesn't hold strong to either extreme.  I
think I'm missing some bit which gives it a strong preference for the two
extreme positions.

Am I tilting at windmills to try and make this thing work or should I just
give up and plunk down the $130 (!!!) that Moss wants for the part?  (TRF
doesn't list it.)  Does anybody have a decent used switch they would be
willing to part with?

Failing this and I go find something to replace it, can one of you
electrical engineer types refresh my memory about the switch nomenclature?
I believe this is a DPST or DPDT switch, with both extremes on.  Zat so?

Thanks,

--
Skip Montanaro
TR-250 CD4212L