Rear Bumper

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear Bumper
From: John Mitchell <jmitch@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 09:38:17 -0400
Just a quick question- I'm getting ready to put the rear bumper back
on(just got the car back from the painter).  I know you use rubber
washers on the side attachment points, but is it just metal to metal on
the rear attachment points. When I took it off, it had some black soft
caulk like material there. Would it do any harm to put a rubber washer
there?  The TRF Catalog doesnt show anything between the car and bumper.
                                                     Thanks for any
help,   John Mitchell     76 TR6(Brand New BRG)