RE: Windshield glass

To: "'John Mitchell'" <jmitch@snet.net>, "'6pack'"
Subject: RE: Windshield glass
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 18:29:58 -0400
I always replace my TR6 windshields with tinted glass if for no other
reason than I drive it mostly on sunny days (unless I'm going to any
VTR, 6-pack or TRF event, in which case the sun is a rarity). I've
always been able to source new windshields locally (in Columbus, GA)
with no problem at around $100.00 installed at Discount Auto Glass.
There is usually a discount auto glass supplier in most every community.
Prices may have gone up a bit in the last couple of years but prior to
that they were stable.

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO

       I've decided to replace the windshield while I have the frame off

the TR6.  Anyone have a recommendation for who I should order it from?
Also, from an originality standpoint, tinted or not?  TIA     John
Mitchell  76TR6