Re: frame height

To: mitchvamos@operamail.com (mitch vamos)
Subject: Re: frame height
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 23:08:36 -0700 (PDT)
Mitch---The standard height from ground to the bottom of the frame at
the jacking points is said to be 6".  If your front tires are of much
smaller diameter, or the springs are non-standard thru sagging or
design, the frame to ground will be less. My SEARS floor jack will go
down to 4.75 inches at the cradle. This is barely enough to get under
the frame at the front of the car. I also have an El Cheapo hydraulic
jack that only goes down to 5.5 inches. It can only be fitted when the
other jack is in operation. The bottle jack in my trunk won't go down
low enough should the tire lose air, so I also carry some small pieces
of 2x4 to run the tire up on, as you do.

Dick