LA, LA

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: LA, LA
From: "Richard Cottingham" <RichardC@PinchinLeBlanc.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 09:26:03 -0300
Journalists.  Humbug.  To whit:  Imagine my excitement when I saw the
TR6 featured on the cover of a recent (July) Classic and Sports Car
magazine. Similarly, imagine my dismay when I read the first paragraph
with (admittedly) tongue-in-cheek comments implying that TR6 owners are
viewed as aviator sunglass wearin', cowboy boot sportin' macho men.  And
the cars are notorious for poor cornering!!!!!!  Didn't matter that they
hastened to add that they loved the car (or why do an article?).  Too
late - the article was already tainted.

But, regarding our friend in LA, I suppose we should not forget that our
cars were made during unsteady times (in terms of quality control).  The
survivors that we drive are probably examples of Darwin's theory.  Maybe
he did have a lemon, but any guy that couldn't deal with problematic
carburetors hardly qualifies as an automotive journalist in my book.
Now, Peter Egan - there's a journalist.

Rich C.

Could the sun shine for several days straight this 3 day weekend?