Re: LA, LA

To: Richard Cottingham <RichardC@PinchinLeBlanc.com>
Subject: Re: LA, LA
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 10:00:32 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, Richard Cottingham wrote:

> Journalists.  Humbug.  To whit:  Imagine my excitement when I saw the
> TR6 featured on the cover of a recent (July) Classic and Sports Car
> magazine. Similarly, imagine my dismay when I read the first paragraph
> with (admittedly) tongue-in-cheek comments implying that TR6 owners are
> viewed as aviator sunglass wearin', cowboy boot sportin' macho men.  And
> the cars are notorious for poor cornering!!!!!!  Didn't matter that they
> hastened to add that they loved the car (or why do an article?).  Too
> late - the article was already tainted.

Give me the journalist's name... I'll put another seat in the race car and
take 'em for a spin.

:-)

While TR6's might not be the best in cornering, they are pretty good, and
with a little messaging, they can corner "real good".

I will admit that I have never driven my TR6 with my Frye boots on. I
like to "feel" the pedals.

rml