Re: Matching trans numbers

To: dmallin@attglobal.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Matching trans numbers
From: "Todd Bermudez" <red_tr250@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 08:23:18 -0400
Don,

Considering the fact that the car VIN does not end in an "O", I don't know
that it matters?  Only time anyone will know is if someone gets a Heritage
Certificate.  I doubt anyone at a show will want to put it on a lift &
inspect the numbers...of course they'd have to know the correct gearbox
number for the VIN...not likely.

Your car, make what you will out of it.  Personally, I put a J-Type in mine
& kept the old gearbox, but then again the J-Type didn't cost me anything.

Todd
68 TR250 CD3705L...od added...surrey top added, but in many pieces
74 TR6 CF25768UO