RE: TR6 FRONT END REBUILD

To: "'Michael Greene'" <m.e.greene@worldnet.att.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 FRONT END REBUILD
From: "Gary R." <gary@tpartners.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 16:07:36 -0500
I just completed the same thing, starting the rear end now. I got the parts
from a couple different vendors, including TRF. I got all poly bushings from
Ted over at TSI Imported Automotive. He is a great source of knowledge and
visits this list. I'm going with US made Carrera shocks (they weren't
available when I ordered so I slapped in el-cheapo's for now from TRF). Get
grease-able Tie rods ends and ball joints (mine came from TRF). I also went
with standard rubber shock and front sway bar link bushings as I didn't like
the way the poly bushings went on. I have those if you want them, will sell
cheap. As for poly spring packings, they were fine on my new (stock)
springs. Take a very close look at your trunnions (check for play in the
threads where thay mate to the vertical link) and lower A-Arm bushing holes
(where the bushings mount on the trunnion end). Mine had worn out of round
due to the poly bushings (poly are stock) wearing out. I got the solid
steering rack mounts (and a ne aluminum fan shroud) from Goodparts, another
great source of quality parts. Shop around.

My site has a lot of pictures of my assembly process, feel free to take a
look and ask me anything you like..

Gary R.
http://www.icer.net/TR6.html
74 TR6