Re: Hub assembly and rear axle removal TR250

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hub assembly and rear axle removal TR250
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 12:31:52 -0500
Hi Greg and Ted,

Well that did it. I separated the axle as you suggested, bought a rubber
mallet, and took the rubber mallet to the end of the spline.

It was pretty scary, but I pounded away, and it finally came off.

I always make jokes about my usual solution to mechanical problems is
"get a bigger hammer". Truth is I'm just the opposite and pounding on
something like that makes me nervous and jerky -- even with a rubber mallet.

Nice spline. It only goes on one way. They must have known I was coming :-)

Something tells me the passenger side suspension is going to go a lot
faster than the drivers side went.

Thanks for the tips. What would I do without you guys....

Don Malling