Re: Weber DGV Jetting on TR6?

To: "Mark Pruitt" <mwpruitt@bellsouth.net>,
Subject: Re: Weber DGV Jetting on TR6?
From: "Terry Geiger" <twgeiger@hiwaay.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 08:58:33 -0600
Mark,

I'm running the DGVs on my '74 TR6 and they run great.  I don't have the jet
numbers in front of me but I'll look when I get home.  I bought mine from
British Parts Northwest and I didn't make any jet changes.

You may want to check your float levels before changing jets.  If the floats
are set to high then this will cause a rich mixture.  Is the car running
rich through the entire rpm range or is it only showing up at idle?  How is
the vacuum at idle?  These carbs don't like a real low vacuum as fuel will
tend to puddle in the bottom of the intake manifold at idle.  Also, if you
don't have the pre-heater connected to the intake manifolds you will get the
same symptom (ask me how I know) at idle.  Webers are also very sensitive to
fuel pressure and should run at about 2.5 psi.  If you have too much fuel
pressure then you'll push fuel right past the float valves, causing an
overly rich mixture.  You'll need to install a fuel pressure regular to
solve this problem.

Here is a good resource for more weber info:
http://www.redlineweber.com/

Terry Geiger
'74 TR6 daily driver
Florence, Alabama USA