Subject: Up date on broken flywheel bolts

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Subject: Up date on broken flywheel bolts
From: "Chuck Arnold" <chuck.arnold@oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 10:28:47 -0800
Re: Jim Eber's question on red locktite.

Please get and use a set of ARP bolts.  These come with a proper thread
lubricant.  You put the new bolts in and take them out two times, each time
torquing to about 80% of max, then, the final time, torque to defined amount
[which is less than the manual due to the lubricant].

I highly recommend that you all go to the ARP site and download their catalog.
It has a great introduction that explain the physics of bolts and nuts.  I
learned a lot from the piece.

Chuck Arnold
Technical Manager
Oracle Northwest Fulfillment Practice