Re: Subject: Up date on broken flywheel bolts

To: LaJoMor@aol.com
Subject: Re: Subject: Up date on broken flywheel bolts
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 14:35:37 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 LaJoMor@aol.com wrote:

> Chuck..
> Thanks for all the good info...sounds like sound advice. Do you perchance
> have the ARP part numbers available for 6-cyl fw bolts?
>

> Larry M

I don't know if this is an ARP number or not, but www.aptfast.com lists
the PN for TR6 flywheel bolts as: FBT716-4 (4 is the number you need).
Note too that this bolt _requires_ a special washer. Call APT for the
numbers. I would guess that 716 is shorthand for 7/16 which is the
diameter of the bolts... so maybe this is not an ARP part number. I do
recall that the ARP catalog actually lists TR6 and GT6 applications,
although _BE CAREFUL_ with what you order because some of the recommended
numbers are more for race motors than street motors. For example, the head
bolts that they list are only for heads that heve been milled quite
significantly.

As for the flywheel bolts, these parts are CHEAP. It's like $14 for the
bolts, maybe $20 with the washers and shipping and everything.

Note, however, that the bolt listed has a very short grip area. If you use
an aluminium flywheel, you may want to use part # ARP-230-7303  You need 2
(3 bolts to a pack ) which has a threaded area that is a bit longer.

You can buy ARP from Jeg's and Summit Racing.

The quality of the ARP parts that I've used can not be understated. While
I do check these parts before installing them, I have yet to have to
"dress" them before installing. The same can _not_ be said for a lot of
the parts that we see nowadays. I'll post another message on that topic in
the near future.

:-)

rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |