Re: Brake warning light connector

To: jmitch@snet.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake warning light connector
From: Acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 22:58:49 -0500
John,

The connector to the plastic switch that sits on top of the PDWA is a single
wire female connector.  If you look carefully inside the plastic switch you
will see two male connectors inside and they are connected by a little wire.
This means that you can connect the single wire female connector to either of
the two male connectors to complete the connection.

If you are concerned about a concours car then you can continue your search for
an original connector.  If you just want complete the connection then take the
switch into an electrical parts store and purchase a female connector that will
fit over the mail connector and you will have a good connection.

I am sorry, I could hazard many guesses why the PO might have disconnected the
brake handle switch and never come up with the right one.  I am still trying to
figure out why the DPO of my car cut out the lights on three of the four small
gauges and then for good measure cleanly sliced the reverse light switch.  Ah,
if cars could talk.

Cheers,

Aaron
Topsham, Maine (currently -8, windchill -29, heading to a low of -14)