Re: Flywheel spigit bush

To: saffrontr@tiscali.co.uk (Derek Graham)
Subject: Re: Flywheel spigit bush
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 11:13:37 -0800 (PST)
Derek---There are owners who believe that this spigot bush should not
turn in the flywheel. I prefer to let it float.

I see no harm in soaking this bushing in oil before installing, but
believe it to be unnecessary. Bronze has certain lubrication properties
in it. But since this is an area of the engine that has no source of
lubrication from other means, I usually lather this cavity with a heavy
(wheel bearing) grease before installing the transmission. Can't hoit!

The Bentley data for this bushing is that it should have a "loose" fit.
It's job is to keep the input shaft running true. I would compare the
diameter of this shaft to the ID of the bushing in question, and toss it
if the difference is more than .005.

Dick