Re: clutch choice

To: jimjcmo@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: clutch choice
From: Vsnively@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 08:24:10 EST
Jim,
  I replaced mine (4) years ago. I bought the British Parts Northwest kit. It
uses a Sachs pressure plate,  Borg & Beck friction disc, and a Toyota
Forerunner T/O bearing. I've put 6K miles on it, no problem. While I was in
there, I
bought the TRF hardware/linkage kit and also rebuilt the master and slave. I
wanted to be able to say everthing is new/rebuilt and not worry about the $2
bellhousing bushing that should have been replaced. I also had the flywheel
resurfaced. Total expense was around $300. (The clutch kit was $187 at the
time.)
I found it too much work not to replace/rebuild all the associated parts.
 HTH
 Regards,
 Vic Snively