Re: clutch choice

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: clutch choice
From: "Thomas Gauthier" <td_gauthier@excite.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 10:08:50 -0500 (EST)
All,

I had to replace my tranny recently and decided to replace the clutch as well
while I was in there.  I opted for the Borg and Beck clutch/pressure plate with
Gunst bearing sold by BPN.  I also replaced the clutch fork shaft, shaft
bearings, new pin (old pin was broken) and installed an added bolt as a safety
measure for the fork (as described at the Buckeye site). I also replaced the
clevis pin in the clutch pedal linkage which had excessive wear.
One note is that I installed the Gunst bearing as is - no preload for now.  I
am happy with the setup, no bearing noises so far; although, I only have a few
(< 50) miles on the car so far.

Tom,

1972 TR6 - owned less than two years.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com