RE: anybody cut open a stock muffler?

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: anybody cut open a stock muffler?
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 10:35:54 -0800
        Mike:

        What makes you think that it will be too restrictive?
It seems (I am just thinking out loud here, so please chime in)
that since the later mufflers are the same muffler that was on
the 150 HP PI cars, that for all intents and purposes the
later TR6 dual exhaust system is pretty high performance.
        I am sure you can do better, but the factory did not
think it was a limiter for the European spec cars.
        I was planning on leaving my dual exhaust system in place
during my upgrades, and focus more where the factory did
in terms of power; Cam, compression, intake, fuel management.
        What are you pursuing that the factory muffler will
be too restrictive?

        Curious,

        Vance