Re: RE Louvered Hood

To: chuck.arnold@oracle.com, Fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RE Louvered Hood
From: GSFuqua1@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 03:12:53 EST
Chuck, I have a 56 Austin-Healey with the louvered bonnet.  My understanding
of how they work is to move air through the engine compartment and OUT through
the louvers. i.e. removes hot air but does not bring in cool air other than
through the grill to lower the overall temp in the engine bay area.  I think
the Austin-Healey 100M has one of the best set ups.  That is the louvered
bonnet
with an air box which is attached directly to the carbs and then is hooked to
a flex hose that opens down by the grill.  This set up lowers the temp in the
engine bay and gets the coolest air in a fairly direct flow right into the
carbs.  If you go this route you should consider a filter to help prevent water
from getting pushed in if you get caught in a shower.  At any rate I would
certainly think one could do the same with a TR 6.  Seems I remember Richard
Good
or Ted @ TSI have a set up similar to this that they market but I could be
wrong on that.  I'm sure you can find them via the net.

Best regards and good luck,

Gary Fuqua
Branson, Missouri