RE: Louvered Hood, Fender vents

To: tr6nut@sbcglobal.net
Subject: RE: Louvered Hood, Fender vents
From: "steve bridge" <slbridge@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 16:35:25 +0000
     Looking at the vents in that TR6 fender puts me in mind of Spruce, an
aviation supplier. They have some chrome grilles for either side of a small
aircraft that look very cool.  They are of a similar shape as the holes in
that TR 6 fender and aren't very expensive.  I couldn't see the hole shape
very well, but it looks like a Big Healey shaped hole. They also have that
body part ( what ever it's called) behind the operator's head, like the D
type Jag.
  As far as engine bay air flow,  wouldn't closing off the front of the car
with clear plexiglass and only allowing in enough air to feed the carbs and
sufficiently cool the motor be the ideal? Seems a hood would have to be all
louvers to vent the volume of air a TR6 gulps in its stock form.
SDSteve