Home made accelerator bushings

To: "6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Home made accelerator bushings
From: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 10:18:42 -0600
Hey Guys,

  I just got done making some accelerator shaft bushings, per Nelson's article
and it was easy. Lots better than the plastic type I purchased which I won't
be using. At least they will be easy to fit into the sheet metal holes in the
body tub. Just tap the things in place. I was able to find the right size
bushing (5/8" OD and 3/8" ID) with a collar. For the snap ring grove, I just
put the bushing on a 3/8" bolt and tightened a nut onto it then chucked the
thing in the lathe i.e. drill press, set platform of the press to where a hack
saw blade would cut a grove into the bushing at the appropriate height. That
easy.

 The bushing wont quite slide over the knurled part of the accelerator shaft a
little heat should cure the problem or drill the bushing out just a tad.

http://www.buckeyetriumphs.org/technical/AccBearing/AccBearing.htm

Richard Seaton
RSH17@msn.com
View My restoration @ (http://groups.msn.com/Richards69TR6Restoration)