honest mechanics

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: honest mechanics
From: "Scot Montrey" <SMontrey@nam.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 12:16:49 -0500
Saw all the frustration with ripoff mechanics, felt your pain...

I don't know how many of you ever find yourselves driving your TR6s in
the Washington DC area, but if you should happen to we have a couple of
good, honest repair shops that specialize in British cars.  The best is
called Motorhead.  They're not cheap (market rate hourly labor), but
they've been in business for 25 years or so and these guys really,
really know what they're doing.  They're also willing to spend time with
you on the phone to help you figure out a problem yourself, and will
sell parts out of their inventory.  They also have a hoot of a website:
http://motorheadltd.com/home.htm .  The parts shop of horrors is my
favorite - check out the picture of a tool box somebody converted into
an air filter housing...