Re: Water pump housing color

To: Mickylong@aol.com
Subject: Re: Water pump housing color
From: genehart@att.net
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 15:59:29 +0000
Micky,

I did my block in a ceramic Semi Gloss Black, I have a '73 and yours should
be black as well. Unless it is a factory replacement, those came in a baby
blue, or sky blue color.

I then had the waterpump housing, oil pan, timming cover, motor mounts, fan
extension, rear engine plate, overflow bottle holder, windsheild bottle
holder, carbin canister holder and other "bolt on parts" Powder coated in
semi gloss black. It does not match exactly, but I like the look. Especially
with all the new stainless steel nuts, washers and bolts. The only thing with
regular paint is the radiator.

I also PC'd the chassis and cross member in chassis black, I found this color
in the Eastwood catalog. I converted it to Powder Coat and it came out great.
I use a profesional Powder coater for all applications. For the valve cover
and air cleaner, I found the silver from MOSS is the best match. I also had
the original oil filter cover done in the original blue color. Items like the
water pump, ball joints, master brake housing, clutch housing and tie rods I
left alone. They look good with their "factory" color.

I'm on the fence with the hood latch, trunk prop and latch as well as the
other door latches, Do I go with a silver color or the gold anazoized color?

Detailed phots of many engine bays can be found at the 6-pack web sight, It
takes a while to find a stck one, with all the triple Stromberg carb, SU's
and webber setups it's sometimes tough to find a stock setup.

--
Gene Hart
genehart@att.net