RE: Water pump housing color

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Water pump housing color
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 08:14:46 -0800
        Micky:

        I have a '74 sales brochure that shows the water pump in a raw
cast iron finish.
Problem is, that rusts in short order. I would paint it, and if you want
it to look
stock, then you would paint it in a cast iron grey color.
        I painted mine gloss black, along with the rest of the block and
head. I don't
know how long it will last, but I wanted to give it some rust
protection. I used engine
enamel.
        If you buy a new County water pump, it is delivered in the raw
cast iron finish. At
least, that is how mine arrived. The only detailed photos I have seen
have been in Roger
Williams' book, and everything is gloss black, although I don't think
that is stock.

        Vance