Modified clutch

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Modified clutch
From: StuBeatty@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 21:48:00 EST
I have experienced a broken taper pin twice. You would think I would learn
about this the first time through, however I am kind of hard headed. Most
remedies to this problem seem to be drilling through the fork and cross shaft
and
using a nut and bolt. This works fine but I wanted to keep some sort of stock
look, not that anyone will see this but me and certainly not any concours
judges. I drilled a smaller hole 90 deg to the taper pin and inserted a
hardened
roll pin. The pin is easy to get out since you're looking right at it when you
look into the bell housing, just tap it out. No problems since I made this
modification.

Stuart
76 Carmine
Belleville ON, Once again looking forward to another winter storm with lots
of snow and sub zero temperatures.