RE: TR6 Compression

To: "Calvin Allen" <callen@molycop.ca>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 Compression
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 16:52:44 -0800
        Calvin:

        You cannot do a compression test to determine the static
compression ratio. The issue is that the camshaft also affects the
cranking pressure, and the DPO may have changed one or both of these.
        The best way to determine the static compression ratio is to
measure the head height using a dial caliper. The table shown below can
then be used to estimate static compression ratio (should be very
close).
        The compression check is best used to determine which
cylinder(s) have a problem with rings, valves, or any other factor that
will degrade the performance of that cylinder compared to the others.

        Cheers,

        Vance

        http://www.goodparts.com/tech_docs/TR6_Compression_Ratio.html