Re: TR6 Compression

To: Calvin Allen <callen@molycop.ca>
Subject: Re: TR6 Compression
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 09:17:21 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

Vance's comments are right on, but I'll throw some numbers into the mix...

My bone stock '74 used to get between 135 and 140 per pot (engine warm) in
a static compression check. In contrast, the race car (11.0:1+, cam and
other stuff) produces over 235 psi per hole.

The race car has a few more ponies than the street car (did). I warmed up
the street car a bit.

:-)

But the only real way to know the compression ratio is to measure the cc
volume of the combustion chamber and divide that into the cylinder volume.
A stock bore motor yields 416.33 cc's per hole, so a 41 cc chamber will
get you a bit less than 10:1 (assuming the volume of the head gasket to be
about 3 cc's.)

rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |