RE: Victoria British Clutch rebuild kit

To: "Adam C Beasley" <adam@adambeasley.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Victoria British Clutch rebuild kit
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 08:28:27 -0800
        Adam:

        Your experience mirrors mine with Moss. I order my parts from
Moss through a local LBC shop. They ordered 2 slave cylinders from
two different suppliers (first one was from Moss). Neither one fit,
as the ass end of the cylinder is too large to fit into the bracket.
        You can install the cylinder on the other side of the bracket,
but that is a no-no because it places the slave too far away from the
the clutch lever arm.
        I ended up buying a slave cylinder rebuild kit, and rebuilding
my own.
        Apparently there has been some consolidation of products at
Lockheed/Girling, and they now offer a slightly different cylinder as a
replacement.
        You can grind off the wide spots on the slave, or hog out the
hole in the bracket, or rebuild your old one. But based on my
experience,
new slaves that fit are no longer available.

        Cheers,

        Vance