Gearshift vibration

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Gearshift vibration
From: DaCRANEz@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 16:09:47 EST
Gary
Your vibration could stemfrom a common malady in TR transmissions-a broken
top hat bushing that goes between the second and third gears.  Nelson Riedel
mentions it in the Buckeye tech site on trannys.  It is also referred to on
page
27 of the current Moss catalog under "Gearbox Tech Tips".  I just rebuilt my
gearbox and sure as heck that bushing was broken.  I also had a broken cage
bearing on the counter-shaft that had got between gears and chipped the teeth.
Mike C  '71 TR6