Re: LED dash bulbs (again)

To: "Mitchel Seff" <ms6453@optonline.net>,
Subject: Re: LED dash bulbs (again)
From: "Andrew Packard" <apackard68@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 07:53:21 -0800
I had looked into this and rec'd a couple samples.  The LED lights are too
directional to spread the light appropriately in the dash guages.  If you
look at them straight on, they are very bright, but the light does not
diffuse well to illuminate the inner rim of the guage/speedo/tach.  Someone
had mentioned bypassing the rheostat switch to brighten the dash lights.  I
don't have the details, but that could be a solution for brighter lights.
Andy
CD6521L
CD6746L