RE: tire question

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: tire question
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 11:33:37 -0500
At 7:54 AM -0800 4/2/04, Navarrette, Vance wrote:
>       205x70-R15s will get you closer to the original rolling diameter
>of the 185-15s that were OE. The 205x65 are lower profile, slightly
>higher performance size, but will introduce a larger speedometer error
>than the 205x70-15s. The 205x60 will give a 4% error, the 205x70 will
>give a 1.5% error.
>
>       Vance
>
>       185-15 = 26.6"
>       205x70-15 = 26.3"
>       205x65-15 = 25.5"

I have always used 205/70-15 on my car. They are getting a bit harder
to find in a good tire, but I think they just look "right" on the
car. They have a slightly wider footprint, so the steering feel
changes a bit, but other than that, I think they are a perfect choice.
--
Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
'71 TR6  CC61193L (27 year owner)