soft top/top of windscreen frame

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: soft top/top of windscreen frame
From: Colin Thom <colinthom@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 14:20:53 -0700
Hi Gang,

I'm putting my windscreen frame back together, and some of the bits were
off the car when I got it. There are 4 holes on the top of the
windscreen frame. The 2 outboard ones are for the latches from the soft
top. I have 2 pieces of steel tubing, about 1-1/2" long, each with a
collar on one end, that go in the inboard holes. At least they were
sitting in the inboard holes when I got the car. What are they for?

At this point the top cap is off the windscreen frame, and if these 2
pieces of tubing go in the windscreen frame underneath the top cap, then
I need to know this before I rivet the top cap down again. If they sit
in the holes, but on top of the top cap, how does one keep them from
getting lost? Thanks for your help. colinthom@shaw.ca