RE: White Top Snaps

To: "'John Mitchell'" <jmitch@snet.net>, "'6-Pack'"
Subject: RE: White Top Snaps
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 18:01:27 -0400
John,
I have tried in vain to locate the white plastic male snaps. If you find
a source, please let me know.
My experience has been that metal snaps shorten the life of the plastic
snaps either way around, metal male to plastic female and vice versa.
You can source black or white capped female metal snaps so it may be
better to go with all metal for you. I prefer the look and action of the
plastic snaps, but I wish the white male snaps were available...they
look much better against the reflective stripe.

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO

Hi, Im getting ready to install a new top, beige with white stripe and I

was hoping to use original type white plastic snaps.  TRF list the outer

part which is good for the sides, but  they dont have the male stud
portion in white which I would need for the rear portion of the top.
Anyone have a source?  Also, I have a beige boot cover and would like to

use stainless snaps.  Will the metal female snaps work with the pastic
male studs?  Thanks in advance   John Mitchell   76 TR6