RE: Early model Zenith-Stromberg carbs

To: rrt@connectexpress.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Early model Zenith-Stromberg carbs
From: "Todd Bermudez" <red_tr250@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 08:00:23 -0400
Rex,

I believe you are correct about the TR250 carbs, but I could swear I've seen
EARLY TR250 carbs with the adjustment on the bottom.  Not in person, I saw
them for sale on e-bay.  I've seen different variations of the TR250 carb.
Some that have the plug on the bottom & some that have a bolt that's
threaded in(similar to the TR4A) without an adjustment...I have a set of
those...that's why I believe that such an adjustment on a TR250 carb may
exist.  I have a set of TR4A carbs & as far as I can tell the parts are NOT
interchangeable.  Probably won't need to TR4A carbs anymore...in fact I have
2 sets.  The linkage is opposite the TR250/TR6 as well.

Anyway, check out buckeyetriumphs web site.  I think swapping over to the
adjustable needle is as easy as changing the piston from early to late.

Todd