"Triumph" at a Pontiac/Chevy car show

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: "Triumph" at a Pontiac/Chevy car show
From: richard.r.olson@faa.gov
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 11:54:54 -0400
Went to the first local car of the season this past weekend.  It was
sponsored by the area GTO car club and the only limit on entry was the car
must be prior to 1979.  I went with my restored/moded '67 Chevy PU truck.
My wife decided to do her thing and bravely entered the TR6, the only LBC
and only non-American made car in the show.  Judging was done by the GTO
club members only.  I came home with a bad case of sunburn, she took first
in class (stock, 1970-1979).  With all the exceptionally restored Camaros,
Roadrunners, old Mustangs, etc., in that class, who'd think a slightly
dinged, daily driver LBC would even be noticed by the judges?  Must be some
closet LBC lovers among the GTO crowd.

BTW: Not one person asked about the "5-speed" badge on the tail of my,,,er,
our TR6.  Must have thought it was standard equipment.

Rick Olson/digesting/